Each season has its own recipe. It is true that in summer we want to eat light and especially seasonal products. There are many reasons to eat a salad every day. Overall, it is good for health and good for keeping the line. On the other hand, do you know that figs are excellent for our physical condition and especially if we consume them in the evening? They are rich in vitamins and minerals. And it is because we care about your well-being that we present you a recipe for summer salad with fig and honey vinaigrette. It’s straight out of our culinary studio. Taste experience tested and confirmed!
Nothing beats a summer salad with seasonal fruits
Essential product for our fresh fig salad
Ingredients for Dressing:
- Olive oil – 3-4 tbsp. In s
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon. In s
- Honey – 1 tsp. In s
- White balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp. In s
Ingredients for the salad:
- Fresh arugula – 250 grams
- Fresh figs – about 200 grams
- Red onion – 1/2
- Burrata – 125 grams
- Walnuts – 50 grams
Did you know that Borra is very low in calories?
Step by Step Preparation:
- Mix olive oil, mustard, honey and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, mix to get a smooth and homogeneous texture.
- Wash the arugula.
- Cut fresh figs in half.
- Arrange the figs neatly on top of the arugula.
- Add sliced or whole borata.
- Add previously chopped red onion.
- Place the walnuts for the final touch.
- Pour the sauce with a spoon.
- Voila, your salad is appetizing and tempting.
Pour all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl
Mix well to get a homogeneous sauce.
Chop fresh, ripe figs
Arrange them nicely in a salad
Add the shredded burrata
Add onions, nuts and dressing to finish the salad in style
Are fresh figs good for your health?
Figs are a gold mine for our health. It is rich in fiber, minerals, potassium and antioxidants. Figs are a true ally against constipation. Their skin and seeds are rich in fiber. Which is very helpful for your digestive system. Dried figs are even more effective. This fruit will protect your blood vessels. All this is possible due to the presence of anthocyanins. They are what gives it the purple color. Finally, figs will improve your skin’s elasticity as they contain antioxidants and flavonoids.
Fresh figs against skin aging
Do figs make you fat or lose weight?
Raw, cooked, dried or roasted, figs have many uses in the kitchen. Their nutritional value varies according to their form (cooked or raw). Fresh figs provide 63 kcal/100 g. On the other hand, dried figs provide 200 kcal/100 g. Figs are effective in many diets. It is mainly composed of water and contains no lipids. Did you know that 100 grams of figs will keep you full for 4 hours?
Figs should not be refrigerated
The peculiarity of ripe fresh figs is that they do not last more than a day. Here are some tips for choosing the right figs:
- Choose figs that are neither too soft nor too hard.
- They should have a fragrant smell and a dark purple color.
- Fig leaves are also used in cooking.
A good fig is a fleshy fig
So you have several good reasons to include fresh figs in your menu in September. Why not start with our summer salad recipe with fresh figs? Preparation time is 5 to 10 minutes. And if you’re in a culinary mood, there’s a delicious recipe for fig jam.