Many people think that vegetarian food is not as rich as traditional food. This, of course, is completely wrong! Because indeed, veggie recipes are full of creativity and unquestionable ideas. And to prove it to you, today, we’ll be sharing our most delicious burger variations without meat or bread! Discover how to make these veggie burgers with red beans and avocado now.
Treat yourself to a healthy and tasty burger
Our Veggie Burger – What exactly is it?
Followers of a vegetarian diet (or rather this lifestyle) know very well what to replace foods of animal origin. For example, in our burgers, instead of using the classic beef steak, we prepare a veggie meatball made from red beans. And to take our culinary experiments even further, we replace bread with its vegetable equivalent, specifically avocado. The result is a delicious meal packed with fiber, protein and omega-3s. A recipe that fits perfectly with a variety of low carb diets.
Vegetarian burgers without meat or bread are ready in just a few minutes!
Red Bean Veggie Burger Recipe
Then you already know the secret to making this original burger. The main ingredients of the classic recipe (meat and bread) are here replaced by their healthy and vegetable equivalents, such as red beans and avocado. Now let’s decipher its preparation step by step together.
- Kidney beans – 250 grams
- Yellow onion – 1
- Garlic cloves – 2
- Mustard – 2 tbsp. c.
- Ketchup – 2 tbsp. c.
- Psyllium – 2 tbsp. A c
- Cumin – 1/2 tsp. A c
- Smoked Paprika – 1/2 tsp. A c
- Red Chilli – 1/2 tsp. A c
- Salt – 1/2 tsp. A c
- Avocado – 1
- A handful of fresh arugula
- Mayonnaise sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- sesame seeds
The ingredients you need to make your own homemade burgers without bread or meat
Not only are these burgers healthy, they are also extremely easy to prepare. All you have to do is prepare the veggie balls and then put it together. Below, we explain the procedure in detail (and in photos!).
- In a bowl, first mix the ingredients needed to make the vegan dumplings. These include: red beans, yellow onions and garlic.
- Then we add mustard and ketchup, psyllium and spices (cumin, smoked paprika, red pepper and salt).
- Mix everything well to make a uniform paste.
- Then, from the preparation, we make the vegetarian steak.
- Finally, grill the meatballs (3 to 4 minutes per side).
- The veggie steak is ready, all that’s left is to assemble the burger. For:
- Cut an avocado in half. Place one half on a surface, then top with fresh arugula, a veggie meatball, mayonnaise, cherry tomatoes.
- Top the burger with the second half of the avocado.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Mix the red beans with the onions
Then add the garlic
Pouring sauces: ketchup and mayonnaise
Gradually add the psyllium and the following spices: cumin, smoked paprika, cayenne and salt
Mix all the ingredients well to make vegetarian dumplings
Form a red bean dumpling
Grill it for 3 to 4 minutes on each side
Assemble homemade burgers starting with half an avocado, followed by fresh arugula
Place veggie meatballs on top
Drizzle with some vegan mayonnaise sauce
Add a few slices of cherry tomatoes
Top the burger with the second half of the avocado
to sprinkle sesame seeds
Are veggie burgers healthy?
Indeed, yes. In principle, the standard burger is classified as bad cholesterol junk food. This is obviously explained by the mixture of meat, bread and many other products rich in saturated fat. On the other hand, a vegetarian burger (and especially this version without bread) is a healthy solution. It is gluten-free, rich in vegetable protein and fiber. That’s why it’s a great solution to spoil yourself with a healthy burger without regret!
A fantastic idea to prepare a healthy burger
© Archzine Studio