Who said you can’t enjoy a good fruit salad in winter? Indeed, the winter season is not ideal for strawberries, cherries or other red fruits, but it provides enough opportunities to prepare a fruit dessert full of flavor. Proof is this luscious recipe found on The Richmond Register’s website, which mostly consists of seasonal fruits. To your spoons!
- 3 cups diced pineapple
- 1 cup peeled, quartered and sliced kiwi
- 2 cups of mandarin or clementine segments
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
- A few fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Preparation of winter fruit salad
- Place the pineapple, kiwi and pre-sliced tangerines in a large salad bowl.
- Add the pomegranate seeds.
- Make the poppy seed vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey and poppy seeds.
- Drizzle the poppy seed vinaigrette over the fruit and toss gently to coat the fruit well with the sauce.
- Garnish the fruit salad with a few mint leaves (optional).