Winter is long behind us and now that the temperature is rising, we need something light and cold to eat. In this case, a rich and nutrient-dense salad is the perfect choice. It will provide you with extra water and vitamins that will keep your energy levels high. Also, the fiber and protein in it will keep you fuller for longer. Plus, we’d say it’s a super tasty way to shed a few pounds. So what are you waiting for? Grab a bottle of wine, call your friends and enjoy this amazing dining experience. We present below 5 main course summer salad recipes.
A summer salad with chickpeas and fresh vegetables as a main dish
- 220g asparagus, chopped and blanched
- 400g chickpeas or other beans, washed well and dried
- Peel and dice 1 carrot
- 5 radishes, trimmed and cut into wedges or chunks
- Cut 1 cucumber into slices
- 26 grams of chopped red onion
- Halve 100g cherry tomatoes, quarter if larger
- 100g colored chillies, sliced
- 90 grams of black olives
- 50 g roasted red pepper from a jar, chopped
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 40 grams of crushed feta
Preparation: This mixed vegetarian salad is very nutritious and easy to make. Simply combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and dress with the vinaigrette. You can choose one from our summer salad dressing article, or make a quick one by mixing together lemon juice, olive oil, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
Salad with chicken
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. garam masala tablespoon
- 1 c. The soil is yellow
- ½ tsp. Hot chili powder
- 1 small whole chicken (1.25-1.5 kg)
- 6 slices smoked bacon (streaky bacon)
- 1 ciabatta half, cut into 2cm cubes
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g fine green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 4 small gem lettuces, cut into 8 wedges each
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Mix all the spices with olive oil, a pinch of salt and fresh pepper. Then brush the chicken with this mixture and roast and cook for 1 hour until browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon strips under a hot broiler until golden brown and crisp.
- Toss the ciabatta cubes in the bacon drippings on the grill tray, then place in the oven with the chicken to cook for 10 minutes until charred and browned.
- Tear the meat into large pieces and toss with the remaining cooking juices in the roasting pan. Also cut the crispy bacon.
- Now it’s time to assemble the salad. So, arrange the Little Gem lettuce wedges on a large serving platter. Top them with the chicken, then scatter over the bacon bits, croutons, tomatoes and green beans. Season to taste or serve with tzatziki sauce.
Summer salad as a main course with salmon
- 1 salmon fillet (about 450g)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon coarse pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice, divided
- 4 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1 peeled and chopped cucumber
- 120 g fat-reduced sour cream
- 150 g finely chopped sweet red chillies
- 10 grams chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp. capers, drained
- 500 gm torn bib lettuce
- 1 medium peach, peeled and chopped
- 30 grams of chopped hazelnuts
- 40 grams of fresh blueberries
- 4 thin slices of red onion, separated into rings
Preparation: Here is another mixed summer salad that can replace the main dish. To prepare it, first cook the salmon. Place it on a greased baking sheet and season with salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and a sprig of dill. Bake it at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes. Next, cut the fish into large pieces.
In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining the cucumber, sour cream, red pepper, chopped fresh dill, capers and remaining pepper and lemon juice.
Divide the lettuce among 4 plates. Garnish with peaches, hazelnuts, blueberries, onions and salmon. Serve with sauce.
Warm Steak Fajita Salad
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 100 ml olive oil
- 70 ml lime juice
- 1 c. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
Summer salad as a main dish:
- 400g flank steak
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 2 orange bell peppers (or medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt (more for seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp. Fresh black pepper (more for spice)
- 1 lettuce heart, chopped
- 1/4 small head of cabbage
- 25 to 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
First mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette until they are completely emulsified. Next, heat a skillet over high heat. Meanwhile, season the steak generously on both sides with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika and cook until a golden crust forms. When cooked, transfer the steak to a cutting board and cover with foil.
Then reduce the heat to medium and add oil to the pan. Also add the onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred around the edges.
Finally, combine the lettuce and cabbage in a large bowl. Add the steak slices, onions, peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss everything together.
Fresh recipe with breaded chicken and grapes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 650 g seasoned breadcrumbs
- 110 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 100 ml olive oil
- Mixed spring lettuce 1 package
- 200 grams of broccoli florets
- 100 g seedless red grapes, halved
- 100 g seedless green grapes, halved
- 40 grams of almonds, toasted with honey
preparation : Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Whisk eggs and 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs, pressing down firmly. Place the cutlets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Then mix lettuce, broccoli, red grapes and green grapes. Top with chicken, sliced almonds and serve with vinaigrette.