Delicious and universally healthy, green bean salad may seem strange at first, but it will become one of your favorite meals. Looking to lose weight and eat healthier, but not sure what to eat? Or are you looking for other healthy salad recipes to fill your stomach on those hot days? You’ve come to the right place at the right time, because everyone in the DeaVita office is obsessed with these salads right now! If you want to know what they are and the benefits of eating green beans, we invite you to keep scrolling and reading!
Easy Green Bean Salad Recipe: 3 Variations
What are the benefits of green beans? Some of you might not like their taste that much and avoid eating foods that contain them, but we hope you’ll change your mind after this list:
- Do you think losing weight is difficult? Well, they are very low in calories and can be included in your healthy diet!
- They are packed with vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants!
- They can lower cholesterol levels.
- Thanks to B vitamins, they can help reduce symptoms of depression. However, if you are suffering from depression, we strongly advise you to contact your GP immediately for help. Also talk to your loved ones!
- Green beans help fight anemia and may prevent cancer!
- They protect your gut! The fiber in green beans contributes to the health and proper functioning of your digestive system.
There are several good reasons to include them in your diet, right? Why don’t you start by preparing a delicious green bean salad?
Beans, tomatoes and olives
Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes and Olives:
- 500 g green beans, trimmed
- 125 grams Kalamata olives
- 250 g chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 20 g grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- White wine vinegar 2 tbsp
- A drop of olive oil
- Test for salt and pepper
- First, cook the green beans until they are soft, but still crisp. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Then, use a slotted spoon to transfer the green beans to a large bowl of ice water. This process is called blanching green beans. Once cool, remove them from the water and pat dry with a towel.
- Then, in another large bowl, combine the beans with the tomatoes, olives, green onions, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Finally, pour in the summer salad dressing and toss to coat. And there you go! Fix your behavior!
Greek salad with green beans
Here’s how to make Greek Green Bean Salad:
- 170 g fresh green beans (trimmed and halved)
- 45 g cup chopped tomatoes
- 45 g cup chopped red chillies
- 3-4 tbsp. Crumbled Feta
- Chopped fresh parsley
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Tablespoon white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, powdered and minced
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- First, whisk together the oil and vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Then, cut off the ends of the green beans.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water until it boils and set aside a bowl of ice water.
- When the water boils, add the green beans and cook for 3-5 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and immediately plunge the beans into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
- Next, combine the green beans with the red pepper and tomatoes and toss with the dressing.
- Finally, garnish the salad with crumbled feta and fresh parsley.
Three bean salad
Here’s an easy, delicious and extremely filling green bean salad recipe!
- 200g green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 c. Dijon mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil and a drizzle of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 65g cup very finely chopped red onion
- 180 grams of boiled chickpeas, dried and washed
- 160 hours cooked kidney beans, dry and rinse
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 45 g finely chopped parsley
- Test for salt and pepper
- To start, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and place a bowl of ice water nearby. Next, submerge the green beans in boiling water and blanch for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the beans and immediately plunge them into ice water until they are completely cooled. Then, drain them and place them on a clean towel to dry.
- Then, in a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, honey (or maple syrup), mustard, and salt and pepper. Add onion, chickpeas, kidney beans, celery, green beans and parsley and toss to coat.
- Finally, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy your lunch!